Thursday 14 October 2010

MAWTT Challenge 68 - Halloween

It's Thursday. It's the 14th October AND ................. It's another MAWTT challenge.

Firstly I want to congratulate Georgina on winning last weeks challenge with that gorgeous horseshoe, it's simply stunning, and congrats too to the top 3 with their lovely entries. You know this is one of the best jobs in the world - being able to come and see what you lovely people are creating, I am soooo looking forward to seeing what you are making with the current most hot and popular theme.

So welcome everyone to our H A L L O W E E N challenge. We invite you to show us your spooky creations that will scare us half to death and we will come and leave you some spooky, but sweet, comments.

I have to admit I have not made Halloween cards before this year, but there is so much wonderful stuff out there to download and to buy, I just had to have a go. Especially as we were given a Halloween download to play with from Sarah Hurley. Sarah is our wonderful sponsor this week.

Sarah says
"I am an illustrator and graphic designer who has been crafting since I was a little girl. In junior school I had an extra desk for all the paper purses I would make from my school books and scrap paper - I don’t think I was too popular with my teachers at that point! My mum would always encourage us to do anything creative, she didn’t care about how messy we got!



I have always done a variety of crafts including paper crafting, cross stitching and jewellery making. About 10 years ago I discovered, through my love of paper, card making, and from there; scrapbooking. Hobbies where I collected paper and stickers and pretty things seemed amazing to me, I had always been told that wasn’t the thing to do! About 2 years ago I found that I could never find the exact images or products I was looking for, and so I started to make my own; using my illustration skills to draw images by hand or on my computer and then print them out. After some great feedback and talking to people (including Create & Craft who encouraged me to go for it!) I realised I could share these designs with other crafters and hopefully inspire others to love crafting as much as I do!

I'm now developing my product range so please keep checking back, or follow my blog to keep up to date with all the latest developments!"

The winner of this week's challenge will receive a download kit from Sarah. We will pass the winners name to her and she will organise the prize with the recipient. Sounds fabulous doesn't it?

Now onto our wonderful DT creations, they have done a magnificent job with the download papers. Please pop on over to see their fabulous blogs too.

Sarah has kindly made this great card to join with ours.









and me (Brenda)

So now it's up to you to show us what you have made.

Please leave your card/project linked to Mr Linky below and also link your card back to us. You have till 8.00pm next Wednesday evening which is the 20th October.

Have a wonderful week. It will soon be HALLOWEEN.
Luv Brenda, Heidi, Lisa, Shell, Kelli and Heidi



6 comments:

meg said...

Love the DT cardsI had great fun making mine

Anita said...

Wonderful cards by the DT...such talented ladies!

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Thanks so much for another great challenge and awesome inspiration from the DT:)

Karen said...

Wow! Another great challenge from the MAWTT team! And such wonderful cards too!! Always love taking part in these - keep up the good work girls. :-)
I love the look of the download kit, those papers have sooh many uses, and the images could be put to pretty much anything (I'm already thinking of a pac man type card for a gaming addict in the family, using those little ghosties!!) - super prize this week!xx

Jamillah said...

I'm new to your site,thanx for letting me take part in the MAWTT challenge.Looking forward to the next one!

Diane Davies said...

Great work from the DT!! : )